The Peace Center provides the world’s finest performers, provides arts education and outreach and supports local arts organizations. These efforts further cultural advancement, arts appreciation and the economic development of South Carolina.
The Peace Center
• Is a not-for-profit organization and annually welcomes over 250,000 patrons.
• The Peace Center hosts over 300 events annually in its 2 Theaters (the 2100 seat Peace Concert Hall and the 400 seat Gunter Theater), and its event venues located on the Reedy River (the Wyche Pavilion and Amphitheatre).
• The theaters and event venues are all available for outside rentals.
• Operates with 39 staff members and an annual operating budget of $8 million.
• Raises $1.4 million annually through generous contributions from Peacekeepers (individuals), corporations and foundations to cover its operational expense.
• The Peace Center is a presenting organization that brings the finest quality performances to its stages – from Renee Fleming and Alvin Ailey Dance Company to Broadway productions such as Phantom of the Opera and Spamalot, to popular shows like Smokey Robinson, Natalie Cole and Tony Bennett.
• In order to keep ticket prices affordable, The Peace Center subsidizes many of its presentations. It could not do this without contributions including individual, corporate and media support.
• The Peace Center is home to several local producing organizations including the Greenville Symphony Orchestra, South Carolina Children’s Theatre, Greenville Chorale, International Ballet and Carolina Ballet Theatre. These ‘Resident Companies’ receive priority scheduling and rental subsidies.
For tickets, contact The Peace Center Box Office at 864-467-3000 or 1-800-888-7768.
Peace Center Outreach Program
• The Peace Outreach Program annually reaches over 70,000 students, teachers and other community members from across Upstate South Carolina, as well as parts of Georgia and North Carolina.
• In addition to a student performance series that serves 60,000 children each year, the Peace Outreach Program offers Teacher Workshops, Artist-in-Residence programs and a Summer Teacher Institute.
• The Peace Center subsidizes this program by approximately $730,000 annually.
To volunteer with or sign up for Peace Outreach Program activities, contact the Peace Outreach Program office at 864-467-3030, ext. 1207.