The funding priority of the quarterly project grants program for artists is to support activities that advance the artistic development of individual Greenville County artists. Grants are awarded to help underwrite actual project costs, not ordinary living expenses, and are intended to further the artistic development and growth of our local artists through exhibit opportunities, marketing or publicity plans; conferences, workshops, and other professional development engagements.
Applicants must satisfy ALL eligibility requirements as follows:
- Be practicing artists in dance, music, literature, media, theater, or visual arts.
- Be at least 18 years old and not matriculating students throughout the grant cycle.
- Be a permanent resident of Greenville County for a minimum of 6 months prior to the application deadline and during the grant period. Must be able to prove residency if asked by the panel.
- Have the ability to match 1:1 any grant funds awarded.
Funding Range, Restrictions + Match
Up to $1,500.00 and a 1:1 (applicant to MAC) match per award. Applicants who have outstanding MAC project support activities or reports are ineligible to apply for funds until all previously awarded grant requirements have been completed and approved. No more than two grants may be awarded to an applicant within one fiscal/calendar year. A single project cannot be funded from two separate quarterly grants. A 1:1 match (applicant to MAC) is required.
Applications must be postmarked or delivered to the MAC office by 5 PM of the deadline date. If the deadline occurs on a holiday or weekend, the next business day becomes the default deadline date. No late, faxed, or emailed applications may be accepted.
- 1st Q: Wednesday, February 15
May – July, 2023 (project’s initiation date range)
- 2nd Q: Monday, May 15
August – October, 2023 (project’s initiation date range)
- 3rd Q: Tuesday, August 15
November, 2023 – January, 2024 (project’s initiation date range)
- 4th Q: Wednesday, November 15
February – April, 2024 (project’s initiation date range)
You will need to mail or bring in an original application along with 9 stapled copies (10 total) – see the Guidelines section of the application.
Click on the link below, then click on the download icon to save it to your computer. The application will be a PDF document. To have an application emailed to you, contact MAC.