Since its inception in 1986, Downtown Alive has provided a major income stream for MAC’s services and programs. Now thriving in its 5th decade, the Thursday evening event that runs from March through August is estimated to be attended by over 50,000 people who will gather on North Main Street to enjoy live music and beverages. Downtown Alive is a major force in the economy of downtown Greenville. The City of Greenville Special Events Department has been an outstanding partner in organizing and handling all the logistics of the event.
To highlight the visual and performing arts, the city sets up the DTA-Metropolitan Arts Council tent. Each Thursday, these artists and arts groups are able to display and sell their work or tickets to performances during the weekly DTA event. These artists and arts organization’s presence has been instrumental in creating greater awareness of the many spectacular visual artists and cultural amenities that make Greenville such a wonderful city.
Due to COVID-19, Downtown Alive was not held in 2020 and 2021. We look forward to a spectacular return in 2022.
We would like to thank the 2019 sponsors of Downtown Alive. We are very thankful for their support during past seasons and look forward to working with them again in the future.
- Title sponsor – Piedmont Natural Gas Company
- Presenting sponsor – Clemson MBA
- Stage sponsor – Harley-Davidson of Greenville
- Media partners – Entercom, WYFF 4, Community Journals, and Fete
- Additional sponsors – Bud Light, Pepsi, Roost, the Hyatt Regency Greenville, Link Apartments West End, BreakThru Beverage Group, Penske, Audio Solutions, and Signatures Apparel.