verb [ trans. ]
travel in or about (an unfamiliar place) in order to gain knowledge of or familiarize oneself with it : the best way to explore the western deserts | figurative explore the world of sociology.
• ask about or discuss (an idea or issue) in detail : he set out to explore important social issues.
• probe or evaluate (a situation or possibility) : he met with local leaders to explore new avenues of advancement.
• examine by touch : the blind girl’s fingers explored his face.
To rearrange or cause a change in character or composition: [ trans. ] He began to alter the surface he worked on| [ intrans. ] The color of her hair is easy to alter | [as adj. ] ( altered) an altered state.
• [ trans. ] make physical changes to an object : we have plans to the stairway.
• [ trans. ] tailor (clothing) for a better fit or to create a new look : The alterations were necessary for both style and comfort.
From downtown Greenville, take S Main to Pendleton St. Turn right onto Pendleton St and continue approximately 1 mile (crossing Academy St) into the Village of West Greenville. Continue through intersection of Lois Ave. Artbomb Studios building is on the right across the street from Marion's Auto Repair Shop.