Thompson Gallery of Art: Call for 2023-2024 Exhibition Proposals – Furman University
Rolling Deadline through Nov. 1. 2022
Apr 27, 2022 8:52 AM — Nov 1, 2022 11:59 PM
Time Remaining Loading countdown timer...
Thompson Gallery of Art: Call for 2023-2024 Exhibition Proposals
Applications Due Nov. 1, 2022 / Rolling Deadline
The Thompson Art Gallery invites established artists to submit a proposal for solo and group exhibitions during the 2023-24 academic year. Furman University is committed to addressing our community’s most pressing problems to create a more equitable and just society. The Institute for the Advancement of Community Health and the Shi Institute for Sustainable Communities, established in 2016 and 2020 respectively, represent this commitment. We are seeking exhibition proposals that explore themes related to public health or environmental consciousness and justice as part of Furman’s ongoing goal to bring awareness and inspire creative solutions to these pervasive social issues.
The exhibition space is approximately 900 square feet with exhibitions typically running between 4-6 weeks. Works in all media will be considered. The university will oversee artwork while it is on display in the Thompson Art Gallery. Shipping costs will be the responsibility of the artist. Small stipends are available for artists willing to give a gallery talk at a closing or opening reception.
To apply, please upload the following items as one PDF file to this Box link: https://furman.app.box.com/f/a.... Files should be labeled with your last name. (example: Last_First.pdf)
1. Exhibition Proposal that addresses:
• Details for the exhibition, including major concepts, themes, intentions, materials, processes, and installation process.
• Description of how your exhibition would address themes of public health and/or environmental consciousness and justice.
• Availability and interest to deliver a public artist talk and/or student workshop.
2. 15-20 high quality images of proposed work (or similar) in one PDF file.
3. Image list with titles, dimensions, materials, year corresponding to your portfolio.
4. Artist Biography
5. Current CV including contact information
All complete applications that include the requested information will be reviewed.
Notification of acceptance will be emailed by the end of the year.
For questions about this call, please contact Katie Shamblin at [email protected] for more information.
Submission Deadline: Nov 1, 2022 11:59 PM
Loading countdown timer...