SeasonArt Series with Warehouse Theatre
Call for Artists
Sep 16, 2022 9:00 AM — Oct 9, 2022 5:00 PM
Time Remaining Loading countdown timer...
THE WAREHOUSE THEATRE SeasonArt Series
The mission of the SeasonArt Series is to offer an additional exhibition venue for local artists and deepen
patron engagement with themes represented on stage through a liaison between the dramatic and visual arts.
How – By displaying in the lobby 2-D art that, for each production, relates to the play’s main themes or sets an
appropriate mood for the play.
Who – The SeasonArt Series, which began in the 2015-2016 season as a collaborative project between the
Warehouse Theatre and studio artists at the Greenville Center for Creative Arts, is now open to all Greenville
Process – SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 9, 2022
The guiding idea for the entire process is to keep it as administratively simple as possible.
● This opportunity is offered to artists who are willing to curate and hang their own shows.
● This call to artists covers the entire 2022/2023 Warehouse Theatre main stage season. A brief synopsis of
each of the season’s plays is included below as a starting point to research themes.
● There are a total of 65 linear feet of hanging space in the lobby of the Warehouse Theatre: the main brick
wall is 38’, with additional brick walls of 3’, 5’, and 6’. There are two short block walls of 5’ and 8’.
● A hanging system will be provided, and art lighting is in place.
● Requirements for application: (in a single word document)
o A short bio
o One paragraph explaining how the artist’s body of work relates to a play of the artist’s choice
from the season’s offerings. (There is no requirement to create new work specifically for the play,
though that is always a fun possibility that the artists may consider after being selected. You may
indicate your intention in your statement.)
o 4-6 sample photos of work, inserted in the word document, or a link to the artist's online
o Artists can submit applications for a maximum of 2 plays. Please submit a separate application for
each play and indicate the play’s title clearly at the top of your word document.
o Please name your word file with the title of the play followed by the name of the artist. For
o There is no cost to apply.
● One to three artists will be selected for each play.
● Selected artists will be announced and notified via email on November 7th.