Interim Artistic Director for The Greenville Gay Men's Chorus
Event Types: Artist Opportunities
Dec 5, 2023 12:45 PM — Dec 15, 2023 12:45 PM
Time Remaining Loading countdown timer...
Contact Information[email protected]
Interim Artistic Director
The Greenville Gay Men’s Chorus is seeking a vibrant and
enthusiastic individual to serve as Interim AD for approximately 22
weeks beginning January 9, 2024.
Founded in 2011, the Greenville Gay Men’s chorus is a 35-
member auditioned TTBB choral ensemble that performs the annual
spring and holiday concerts as well as at community events such
as Upstate Pride.
Representing LGBTQ+ individuals, we strive to build community,
foster compassion, and inspire activism at home and around the
world through our music and message.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Interim Artistic Director
(AD) will provide creative leadership to the chorus in the months
leading to its June, 2024 concert.
• Work with Chorus, Board, and volunteers to promote a positive
atmosphere of community
• Design, coordinate, and direct programming for the June
concert, a kick-off to PRIDE month
• Oversee auditions for the spring term
• Conduct Tuesday evening rehearsals, providing oversight to
• Identify guest artists, ensembles and soloists
• Ensure that technical needs, venue blocking, and staging
details run smoothly
• Select and coach section leaders, soloists and small group
• Attend Board meetings and/or provide a monthly AD report
• Degree in choral conducting (advanced degree preferred) or
equivalent professional conducting experience
• Must be strongly aligned with the mission of GGMC
• Demonstrate a compassionate and empowering allyship with
the LGBTQ+ community; preference will be given to gay
applicants—especially those having experience with GALA
• Extensive knowledge of choral repertoire and vocal pedagogy
• Experience with volunteer community-based choruses and
singers of various musical skills and experience
• Ability to offer strong leadership and creative vision
The position will pay $5,500 for the contracted period.
Submit a CV and cover letter to [email protected] by
December 15, 2023. Supporting material such as video footage is
welcomed. Finalists may be asked to meet with and conduct an
ensemble in late December or early January.
Submission Deadline: Dec 15, 2023 12:47 PM
Loading countdown timer...