On behalf of the Greater Greenville Master Gardeners, I invite you to submit an artwork for consideration for use on our 2020 Symposium brochure, poster, social media publicity and artwork raffle. Submissions may be made between June 1st through August 31, 2020.
Each year, the Greenville Master Gardeners support a local artist by purchasing an artwork that conveys the theme of our annual symposium. The 2020 theme is “American Gardens~Revealed!” The details are in the attachment on this email. Please don’t hesitate to distribute this invitation to fellow artists.
Like artists, we master gardeners believe that we make Greenville a more beautiful place to live. Thank you for you support of the Greater Greenville Master Gardeners Association! Please check out our organization at Greater Greenville Master Garden Association
I welcome you to contact me with any questions or comments. We look forward to receiving your submission.
All the best,
Greater Greenville Master Garden 2019 Symposium
ARTWORK SUBMISSION INFORMATION
Every year a work of art is selected to represent the theme for the Greater Greenville Master
Gardener Symposium. The title of next year’s symposium is “Passionate about Plants”.
We are inviting members of the Greater Greenville art community to submit an original piece based
on “Passionate about Plants”.
• The work should be an original interpretation by the artist featuring a subject relevant to the
• The art and artist will be featured in 1500 symposium brochures and multiple posters
advertising the event. Contact, which includes the art and credits the artist, will be made
with verified local organizations that broadcast local events using social media and
• A short biography and contact information will be included in the symposium’s welcome
packet handed out to the 500+ attendees from the Greenville area and to many out of state
• The winning artist will receive a commission of $400 for their work.
• Free vendor space will be available at the symposium for the artist to sell additional pieces of
Please note the following details about submissions:
• All 2-dimensional mediums are eligible (excluding computer generated works).
• Artists may submit up to 3 pieces.
• The finished work should be formatted to 11” x 15” so that it can be reduced or enlarged
proportionally to fit on our brochure. The finished piece can be larger than this, as long as
formatting size is proportional.
• Work may be either horizontal or vertical.
• No frame or mat is required.
Entries must be submitted with a 4” x 6” color photograph of the artwork. Please label the photo with
the title of the work, size, medium, name, phone number and email address for contact.
Once semi-finalists have been selected, a request will be made to see the original artwork. Entries
will be judged no later than September 15, 2018. A five-member selection committee will choose a
finalist. The winning piece will be displayed and raffled at the 2019 symposium held on February 9th.
DATE FOR ALL SUBMISSIONS TO BE RECEIVED IS JUNE 1 TO AUGUST 31, 2018
Send entries to:
GGMG, Sandra Babbitt
107 Dreamland Way
Greenville, SC 29609
For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org