Executive Director (Part-Time)
Chicora Voices’ Mission Statement: To provide a premier choral experience for young people of Greenville and the surrounding communities. These are goals as we work to accomplish our mission:
• Provide high quality musical training in the choral setting that promotes music literacy and healthy singing habits
• Achieve artistic excellence in musical performances
• Develop self-discipline in an environment promoting mutual respect
• Promote a lifelong appreciation and enjoyment of choral music
• Provide need-based scholarships to deserving students
Summary: The Executive Director position is the leader of Chicora Voice’s operations and strategic execution. He/she is responsible for overseeing fundraising efforts, community outreach, marketing, and organizational administration. This role reports to the Board of Directors. Chicora Voices Executive Director is responsible for several core functions:
• Financial Performance – Fundraising: The Executive Director develops resources to ensure the financial health of the organization through fundraising efforts. He/she helps identify and cultivate prospective donors, ensures that a fundraising committee has adequate resources and support, leads any available grant writing, and thanks donors for contributing.
• Organizational Operations: The Executive Director oversees and executes all required administrative tasks, including but not limited to recruiting new members and maintaining the membership database, creating and disseminating all internal communications, managing the scholarship program, and overseeing the financial ledgers.
• Community Outreach and Marketing: The Executive Director is the face of Chicora Voices, attending any strategic, local events and presenting information about the organization when needed. He/she works with all social media outlets to promote the Chicora Voices image and community recognition, creates external marketing materials, and uses available marketing funds to promote Chicora Voices events and auditions with local publications.
• Board of Directors Responsibilities: The Executive Director reports directly to the Chicora Voices Board of Directors. He/she is responsible for supporting the organization’s mission as set by the board, as well as communicating effectively, providing all information necessary for the board to function properly and make informed decisions.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree; knowledge of fundraising strategies, specific to non-profit and arts organizations; ability to work independently, as well as engage volunteer and donor groups; strong written communication, oral communication, and presentation skills
Requirements: Ability to work an average of 20-25 hours per week; occasional evening and weekend work; flexibility required due to artistic requirements; ability to lift 25 pounds
Compensation: The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please send cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references to Kristin Burrell at Kristin.email@example.com by October 24, 2018.
Chicora Voices is an Equal Opportunity Employer