The Art School of the Spartanburg Art Museum has an immediate need for artists and art educators to teach summer camps in a variety of mediums.
The Art School offers artistic instruction to all ages from pre-school through adults. Our summer camp program consists of week long (Monday – Friday) camps for three different age groups. Camps are either morning camps, 9 am – 12 noon, or afternoon camps, 1 am – 4 pm. The age groups we serve are 4-6 yr olds, 5 – 8 year olds and 9 – 12 year olds.
Whatever your area of artistic expertise, if you know your medium, are creative, enthusiastic, and enjoy working with students, we would love to hear from you. If you are interested, please send a bio and resume to Kathleen Digney, Art School Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Kathleen can also be reached at (864) 582-7616 x 237.
In order to be considered for the summer of 2020, please contact us as soon as possible (April 2020)
- BFA (Bachelor of Fine Art) or Bachelors in Art Education or if self-taught, at least 5 years working professionally in his/her artistic discipline.
- Some teaching experience.
- Strong communication and technical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage a classroom of up to 12 students.
- Patient and positive attitude, reliable and conscientious.