Every year a work of art is selected to represent the theme for the annual Greater Greenville Master Gardener Symposium.
The title of next year’s theme is: Crowd Pleasers: People, Places, & Plants
We are inviting members of the Greater Greenville art community to submit an original piece based on “Crowd Pleasers: People, Places, & Plants”.
• The work should be an original interpretation by the artist featuring a subject relevant to the overall theme. Generally, nature-inspired works are appropriate. The theme may be broadly defined.
• The winning artist will receive a commission of $400 for their work.
• The art will be featured on 970+ symposium brochures along with a short bio of the artist. Contact, which includes the art and credits the artist, will be made with verified organizations that broadcast local events using social media and traditional media.
• Due to limited space, GGMGA may use only a portion of the artwork on name tags, table signs and other materials used for the symposium; the entire piece may not be included on all materials.
• Large banners featuring the winning artwork will be displayed at the symposium, and the artist’s work will be prominently displayed and raffled on the day of the symposium, February 13, 2021.
• A biography and contact information will be included in the symposium’s welcome gift bag, handed out to the 500+ attendees who come from the greater Greenville area, nearby counties and states.
• Free vendor space will be available at the symposium for the artist to sell additional artwork.
Visit https://www.ggmga.org/symposium.html for an application form and more information